Please select the appropriate membership category to apply; optional membership to a chapter is available when applying for membership. Find out more about category types and the benefits of each below.
Questions? Contact our Membership representative directly at email@example.com, or call our toll-free number 877-755-0303.
- If you own or are employed in a sewing or design-related business, including: custom clothiers, dressmakers, tailors, sewing contractors, pattern makers, designers, bridal specialists, alteration specialists, authors, artists in wearables, costumers, instructors and retailers.
- Individuals must own or have been employed in an established sewing or design-related business for a minimum of six months.
- While our primary focus is on sewing and design for garments, you may also join if you own or are employed as a home decorating specialist and/or wardrobe, color and image consultant.
- Proof of business ownership is required, in the form of a Federal Identification Number (FEIN), State Sales Tax License Number, or Business License Number, along with two business references.
- If you are enrolled as a full or part-time student, in a recognized program of study related to sewing and design, and do not currently own a sewing or design-related business.
- To qualify, programs of study must lead to a certificate, associate, bachelors or advanced degree.
- You must provide evidence of enrollment in a qualified program along with your application, and also each year you renew.
- When you complete or otherwise end your study program, you must apply for Formal membership category.
- If you are a retired owner or employee of a business that meets the qualifications defined under Formal membership.
In addition to national membership, individuals may choose to also join one or more association chapters within their geographic area; national membership is required for chapter membership. Annual chapter dues vary by chapter and membership category, but typically range from $15-50 per year. Chapters hold periodic meetings which allow for local networking and coverage of a variety of business and technical topics, as well as fabric/material sourcing outings and attendance at exhibits of interest.
Check out more information about ASDP chapters!
Below is a list of just a few of the many benefits a membership provides:
* Not available to Student Members