This year's challenge is to create a garment that can change from one level of dress to another. This garment can either level up OR level down.
There is no need for complex changes; we would like to see these changes happen on the runway during the fashion show.
Take a close look at the 5 levels of dress shown on this year’s poster.
- Fabrics may be either new or taken from recycled or upcycled garments.
- The items that make up your entry must be sewn together, with all visible seams properly finished (no frayed edges unless an intended part of the design).
- No glue is allowed for construction purposes; you may use unconventional methods for joining pieces in your design as long as the transformation is repeatable. This is a sewing and design challenge.
- Your entry must have been made in the current year.
- The minimum age requirement to enter is 16, and entrants must be able to verify student status.
- Submissions must be received by 10:00 p.m. EST,
September 30, 2023. Deadlined extended to 10/9!
- $10.00 for each entry must be submitted with the online submission form. Limit of three entries per participant.
If you are selected as a finalist and your garment is being shown in the fashion show, garments are due by 10 a.m. Friday morning, October 20, at the ASDP office at the conference.