This year's challenge is to create a garment that can change from one level of dress to another. This garment can either level up OR level down.
There is no need for complex changes; we would like to see these changes happen on the runway during the fashion show.
Take a close look at the 5 levels of dress shown on this year’s poster.
- Fabrics may be either new or taken from recycled or upcycled garments.
- The item or items that make up your entry must be sewn together, with all visible seams properly finished.
- No frayed edges falling out, please (unless this is part of the design).
- No glue is allowed for construction purposes, nor may any other unconventional methods of holding pieces together be used. This is a sewing and design challenge. Questions? Please ask Anne at email@example.com.
- Your entry must have been made in the current year.
- The minimum age requirement to enter is 16, and entrants must be able to verify student status.
- Submissions must be completed by 10 PM EDT on September 30, 2023.
Entry registration opens 8/1/2023
If you are selected as a finalist and your garment is being shown in the fashion show, garments are due by 10 a.m. Friday morning, October 20, at the ASDP office at the conference.